Managing Legacy Systems in the current situation
Managing Legacy Systems in the current situation, & how DevOps & SRE can be adopted in the Legacy Landscape
Managing Legacy Systems in the current situation and how DevOps and SRE can be adopted in the Legacy Landscape
In our latest interview with Rosalind Radcliffe on June 4, in conversation with Dr. Niladri Choudhuri, the discussion was on “Managing Legacy Systems in the current situation and how DevOps and SRE can be adopted in the Legacy Landscape.” They also talked on how enterprises require to automate the legacy applications using DevOps and SRE ways to cope up with advances in the current market to meet the customer expectations, and also how to automate infrastructure provisioning in the DevOps adoption, and also what are the challenges, and benefits in DevOps and legacy systems!
Distinguished Engineer, Chief Architect for DevOps for Enterprise Systems
Highlights of the Discussion
- With legacy systems, how have the people working from home managed to run their business smoothly?
- How do you get businesses & online presence to work together, & refactor legacy systems which can be used together to give a much better business solution?
- What are the challenges of taking care of a legacy system that’s making changes faster?
- How are the different kind of tools play their roles in legacy system? Or is there a separate set of rules which you can build a CI/CD for legacy system?
- How important is security by design in legacy system?
- How do we make our product secure; how we test the security aspects from the unit test time itself?
- How do we take DevSecOps into accountability and what is the support that the products are giving to work in the legacy, so that we can take care of security?
- How is the maintenance of the systems executed? What about the considerations related to the observability? Is chaos engineering & synthetic monitoring possible with the environment?